Lots of Details To Remember!
Budgeting for a wedding can be challenging. However, whatever your budget, you’ll need to make allowances for a number of things:
- Your Organizer / Planner [Approx 3%]
- Invites and Communications (e.g print / web) [Approx 5%]
- Attire [Approx 8%]
- Flowers [Approx 8%]
- Entertainment e.g. Band, DJ, Karaoke [Approx 8%]
- Photography / Videographer [Approx 10%]
- Gifts [Approx 3%]
- Rehearsal Dinner [Approx 8%]
- Catering: Includes alcohol & the CAKE! [Approx 18%]
- Reception / Venue [Approx 20%]
- Transportation [Approx 2%]
- Wedding Rings [Approx 3%]
- Just-In-Case Funding e.g Taxes, Tips, Overtime etc… [Approx 5%]
- Decide what’s most important you. To clarify: must-haves, would likes, in my dreams…
- Make a budget and don’t keep changing it!
- If you are on a tight budget hiring a wedding planner can save you money, (that is to say, they have better negotiation tactics and know where to find the best rates).
- Many costs are up-front, so make sure you have all the funding saved and ready-to-go.
- If you are on a tight budget, pair-down your guest list. Do you really need your best-friend’s mother’s uncle attending?
- Use a venue that let’s you BYOB
Did this post help you?
Please email us if you have any questions and would like to learn more.